Fancy a visit to the museum? Read the information about the measures we take carefully. Together we ensure a safe and pleasant museum visit. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Plan your visit
Who? You can visit the museum individually or with roommates. Group visits are not yet possible.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9.00 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 17.00
- Weekends, holidays, bank holidays from 10.00 - 13.00 and 14.00 - 18.00
- Closed on Wednesday
It is mandatory to reserve your museum visit in advance, a free visit is not possible.
- When you book, choose a day and time slot in which you want to visit the museum.
- A limited number of visitors is allowed per time slot. This way we ensure that the maximum number of people is not exceeded.
- To avoid long queues, we ask you to come to the museum no earlier than 15 min before your chosen timeslot.
How to make a reservation?
- By telephone on T 09 210 10 75. This is only possible during weekdays from 09:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 16:00.
- No tickets are sold at the counter.
- You can buy any type of ticket. Check our prices page to see if you are entitled to a discount. Bring the proof for a discount. Even if you are entitled to a free visit, you must book in advance.
How can I pay?
- If you buy a ticket online, you can pay via bancontact. You will receive the ticket by mail. Depending on your mail provider, it may take a few minutes before you get the ticket.
You can print the ticket or show it on your mobile phone at the counter.
- Did you book by phone? Then you pay at the counter of the museum. You can only pay electronically (Bancontact, Maestro, Visa, Mastercard). You can pay contactless and we provide cotton swabs. Be sure to bring your reservation certificate.
Questions about your reservation? Call T 09 210 10 75
Prepare your visit
- We recommend wearing a mouth mask, but it is not mandatory.
- The cloakroom is closed. Do not bring large bags, backpacks, umbrellas or other materials to the museum. You can park a buggy safely.
- The museum café and the courtyard are still closed until at least 8 June.
During your visit
To see: You can visit the main exhibition on daily life, from July 11 also the temporary exhibition CIRCUS ON THE ROAD. In the museum there are many interactive installations where you can touch, smell, make, ... As a precaution some of these are temporarily out of use. You can use other installations if you disinfect your hands with the alcohol gel present. Follow the guidelines and signage in the museum for this.
Want to make the visit to the museum a pleasant and safe experience? We do this together, employees and visitors! Follow the guidelines in the museum. Do you have a question? Feel free to contact an employee, they are happy to help you.
Follow the direction of the arrows on the floor.
At all times keep a distance of 1,5 metres.
Disinfect your hands with the gel at your disposal.
Installation temporarily closed for your safety.
Only 2 persons are allowed in a room.
© Illustrations Luca van Vliet
Do you have questions? Do not hesitate to contact us.
T 09 235 38 00 (museum desk during opening hours of the museum)
For specific questions regarding reservation and online tickets, you can call T 09 210 10 75.